Hebrews 10:35 (NIV)
So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
Own your power!
Confidence helps you in accomplishing your goals, making decisions and just overall progress in your life. I remember a time when I was so shy. I was extremely soft spoken and never looked at anyone in the eyes when I spoke to them. The thought of looking someone in the eye and telling them how I felt frightened me. It made me literally sick to my stomach. Fast forward a few years I am now a public speaker who empowers, inspire and encourage women all over the world to discover the masterpiece within.
How did I do that?
- Prayer-I had to first have confidence in God. I had to believe that He created me with so many gifts, talents and abilities to be great. Once I was able to get a revelation of how amazing He is and that I was made in His image and likeness, I began to have confidence in who He has created me to be and operate in that greatness.
- Allowed myself to be stretched-What I mean by stretching is allowing myself to learn more than what I knew at the time, welcome challenges knowing that God never leaves my side and doing things out of the norm (meeting new people, setting new goals and achieving them, etc).
- Remained positive-Despite all the hardships and circumstances, I had to challenge myself to shift my perspective. I searched for the lesson in the experience.
Action Exercise: What does Owning your power mean to you? List three ways you can begin owning your power today. Three simple, practical steps. Place this list somewhere you can see it everyday and I challenge you to take action.
Don’t focus on your weaknesses. Instead, maximize your strengths. Put your focus toward what you are good at doing. What are you good at doing?
- Are you a good writer?
- Are you a good cook?
- Are you a good speaker?
- Are you a good salesperson?
- Are you a good encourager?
Focus on your strengths, develop it to a greater level and go WILD! Absolutely insane (in a good way)!
-I am good at writing and encouraging others. How did I know? People told me this all the time.
What did I do?
- I started my own newsletter encouraging other young adults about life issues that we all were dealing with at the time.
Those newsletters later became articles which later became books. And here we are. I am now an author of 2 books and currently writing a third. Simply because I focused on the things that I did well.
There is no reason that you cannot do the same.
Action Exercise: List your top 3 strengths. Once you have identified those strengths, focus on them. Really focus on them. Create a plan to maximize these strengths.
Ex. If your strength is organization, you can maximize that strength by becoming the premier Executive Assistant. People will pay YOU for YOUR organizational strength. Makes sense? Yes or Yes? Okay, great!
The third and final step in developing a Masterpiece Mindset is….
You are the only individual on this Earth like you. There is no one like you. You are fearfully, wonderfully and uniquely created by the chief artist himself, God.
Ephesians 2:10… “for we are all God’s masterpiece…” yes we are indeed!
Psalm 139:14… “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Embrace YOU! Your smile, your personality, your body, your style….embrace it and make it fabulous! No one can do what YOU do the way that YOU do it!
Growing up, I didn’t always know and understand that I was a Masterpiece…
I was overweight—I was skinny and began to gain weight in high school—I was bullied-picked on and as a result I developed an eating disorder-I suffered with bulimia for a while—making myself regurgitate my food—I was bullied by other young ladies, boyfriends, family members—society showed me another standard of beauty…
I’ve taken that pain from my past and help other young girls and women discover the Masterpiece within—true beauty and transformation happens from the inside out—
It doesn’t matter what your past looks like—no matter what you did—Christ loves you and gave His life for you….When God looks at us—He sees His son Jesus—who is perfect, holy, significant—so we are a Masterpiece…